Hi, I’m Nadia
I'm a Principal Design Researcher at IDEO San Francisco.
I relish in understanding how systems and people's choices overlap and studied a Bachelor of Economics and Psychology at The University of Sydney to explore just that.
My passion for making began as a child where I'd happily be arm deep in watercolors and pastels all day.
My desire to unite my interests in people and making saw me complete a Masters of Design at Parsons New School in New York via The University of New South Wales specializing in Industrial and Interaction design.
At IDEO, I translate stories and data into product designs using my skills in illustration as sense making tool to unpack complex ideas. These skills enable me to help teams learn and iterate during lean design cycles.
Before moving to SF, I grew up between Sydney and Palo Alto. When I'm not designing you'll find me doing Acroyoga, sketching and painting or whipping up a vegan recipe at home.
I can help by:
- Conducting research to provide context and data to a solution
- Using marketing strategy to identify moments of connection
- Drawing on the principles of psychology to drive change
- Using design tools for solving problems
I work best when:
- I'm around genuinely passionate people
- I collaborate and share the 'wins'
- I can identify and drive new ideas
- I'm in a design-oriented environment
- I'm nimble and can test then iterate
Skills I bring to the table:
- Quantitative and qualitative research
- Pitching and presenting insights
- Prototyping new products
- Marketing and product strategy
- Working in cross-functional teams
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- SPSS & Excel
- Rhino & 3Ds Max
- Sketch & Omnigraffel